Before I begin let me just say that I am not in favor of or am defending anything here. I am simply noting a strange behavior of our governments.
So, one of the most controversial issues of today is the fact that we the people do not really have free will. Immigrants can't stay, gays can't marry, and so forth. However, the problem with our arguments is that we only see it as 'breaking our natural rights' when we find it convenient to. Think about it. Now, again, I am not saying this because I agree, but it is funny. Racism is frowned upon by a lot of people, most likely the same people who are fighting for their rights. These racists are bashed for openly showing their opinion, yet, we are all wondering why the hell no one listens to us. Gays wish to be allowed to 'come out' and be their own person, but they cannot stand it when someone expresses a homophobic attitude. It's kind of hypocritical when you think about it. Some will say tat the problem is not that people are open with their own opinions, but that they go too far, like the KKK. But, really, everyone gives the death stare when someone is careless enough to say 'black person.' And sometimes it's not even to be racist. Sometimes you really don't know the person's name and their isn't really anything that stands out about them, so how else can u describe them? Eh, jusyt something to think about....
No comments:
Post a Comment